Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Repair Loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BrandonM3010

BrandonM3010

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:24 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501775/cant-start-windows-in-any-mode-startup-repair-goes-on-forever/#entry3399188 - Hamluis.

I also need assistance with same issue, but i do not need to remove any data. I just want to be able to use my DX4831 regularly. My issue is that as soon as i boot up my gateway asks me whether i want to start normally or do a system repair, doesn't matter which one i choose. It will do the repair either way. After numerous continuous system repairs, it doesn't do anything. And occasionally i get the blue screen of doom. I know it is a hardware issue, however i have removed the ram and psu in case they became unseated for some reason, and reseated them. Still same issue. Started doing this last Saturday and has not remedied. I need serious assistance.

Edited by hamluis, 19 June 2014 - 06:49 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

If you don't want or need to backup any data, then your simplest solution is to do a Windows re-install. But be aware that this will involve formatting your hard drive and wiping all data and applications off it. You will then need to re-install all your drivers, updates to date and your applications.

If you have the original install discs, or a recovery partition on your computer this is a fairly straightforward business and your manual or user guide should tell you how to do it. Unhappily, googling 'Gateway' suggests that they are not very big on support, but you should be able to get the manual, in .PDF format, from here -

http://www.manualowl.com/p/Gateway%20Computers/DX4831/Manual/83229

If you haven't got a Windows install disc, then go to Post #7 by dc3 in this topic and follow his instructions to create a legal install disc -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538151/windows-wont-boot-at-all/#entry3401527

You might as well follow his instructions all the way through as trying a repair from an install disc might do a full repair. If it doesn't, then you still have the option to do a full re-install, but try the repair first as this will save you having to find the drivers if it works.

Obviously, you are going to need access to another computer to download the manual and the Windows disc.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users