Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Problem with USB to VGA Convertor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shehzadrsi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

I am using the attached USB to VGA convertor for connecting two monitors to a single desktop machine. The problem here being faced is at times my applications such as outlook and excel opens in the extended window. Then it has to be dragged to the main window manually.  

Can anyone advise of some settings that cna be used to ensure no applications opens in the extended window until it really is dragged to the next window. 

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 19 June 2014 - 10:11 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,285 posts
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Normally programs will open on the last monitor they were closed on.  So, if you open an application and it is on the wrong monitor if you drag it to the other monitor, make it full screen and do a File \ Exit.  The next time you open it, it should open on the same monitor.

It may also be an issue with the USB to VGA.  Not that it isn't working properly, but how it is working affects where programs open.

On my home machine I'm running three monitors off of the same video card and software opens on the monitor where it was last closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users