Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hughesnet Gen4 + Netgear Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AmandaR.

AmandaR.

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

Hi,

I recently got Hughesnet Gen4 set up because I live way out in the middle of no where and it was my only option to have something better than dialup. Anyhow, there is a desktop computer upstairs connected to the Hughesnet modem, and the modem is connected to the Netgear wireless router WNR2000v4. Now, I stay downstairs and my ASUS k53Z laptop picks up wifi from the Netgear router with no problem, however it is VERY freaking slow. I googled netgear router and hughesnet modem and found a whole bunch of crazy stuff about needing to change the IP address on my router and to bypass the netgear install and just connect the netgear modem to the desktop upstairs first. I was really confused by all the things I found online and I am afraid to screw with it. Does anyone know how to make my wifi faster, and if I NEED to change the IP address on the netgear router to make things better?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users