Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sms attachments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tech Dude

Tech Dude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

While running ibackup bot on my PC I noticed an unfamiliar sms attachment from an itunes backup. How do I learn the origin of the pic? How do I determine the phone that sent it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

You can try to read the EXIF tags. Photoshop, IrfanView, and other photo viewers should be able to read these tags. If you don't want to use software that needs to be installed, there are websites that will do this for you (such as http://metapicz.com/).

#3 Tech Dude

Tech Dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

I just received message so I have yet to try. I want to thank you for suggestion. There have been lots of views on this topic on this forum as well as others, but this is the first reply. I'll let u know how it works. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users