Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trying to run usb hitmanpro with no internet access

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stargeneral

Stargeneral

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

I am trying to run Hitmanpro from a USB drive on a computer that is infected with the FBI Ransomware virus. The only internet access I have is Dial-Up with no way to start it on the infected computer. I read at a couple of places that the Hitmanpro with second opinion will run without access to the internet but as of yet I have not benn able to figure out how to do this. Will Hitmanpro run without trying to access the web and if so how do I get it to do this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

I am not sure about that because Hitman is a cloud assisted scanner. But you can try unchecking all "Scan Cloud" items under settings and see if it works that way.

Malwaretips.com have a reliable guides on removing such problems.

Edited by badr0b0t, 18 June 2014 - 10:05 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

If badr0b0t's suggestion does not work you can try Kaspersky Rescue Disk and the WidowsUnlocker option. It does not need internet access as the database is constantly updated. The problem is the iso file to create the bootable disk is over 320MB which on a Dial-up connection is not really an option. You could download the iso at your local library if they have internet access.

Edited by JohnC_21, 19 June 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#4 Stargeneral

Stargeneral
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.  Library not an option. Only get 1 hour there at a time and it is not enough time at the basic speed they use. So hopefully the website will let me download for awhile without shutting me down totally.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,638 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

I would suggest you use a program called Free-Download Manager. This will let you resume downloads.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,582 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

If you have specific questions or encounter problems using HitmanPro.Kickstart, please Contact HitmanPro Support directly.

erikloman and Edwin Engels (eengels) are two SurfRight Reps. who visit BC on occasion to answer questions and provide assistance. Edwin can be contacted by email at edwin@surfright.com

As SurfRight Reps, they would be far more familiar with any issues encountered using HitmanPro than any of our staff or forum members.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users