Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse not working (unspecified device)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Codax

Codax

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

I just bought my new Razer Naga 2014 yesterday and to my surprise it didn't work. It doesn't light up, nor does it move or click. I have tried using all my usb ports to no luck (and yes the usb ports work). My pc picks up that something is there, but the mouse it classified as an unspecified device. I thought maybe i just have to download the drivers for the mouse, but Razer Synapse 2.0 (razers driver and settings -program for many of their products) will not recognize the naga. It is stuck at the screen that says: "please connect a razer synapse 2.0 enabled device". The mouse works perfectly with my brothers pc (also a laptop), so i tried updating the mouse from there with razer synapse. Still didn't fix anything. The weird part is that i have a razer keyboard aswell and when i boot my pc the keyboard and mouse light up at the same time. Then they suddenly stop at the same time, but the keyboard is the only one that lights up again after that. 

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

It appears they have a download for this device here:

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=861&_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=861

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Codax

Codax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

Yeah that is the program that won't recognize my mouse :/

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

I've never had one of these, but I know a lot of devices require that you install the driver BEFORE you connect the device.  If you followed the install instructions closely, then you probably need to go to the Razer support web site and seek help here:

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razerstore-support/

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 Codax

Codax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

I traded the naga in for a Logitech g600 today and it didn't work, so it's definitely the pcs fault. Probably the usb ports.. I've contacted the pc manufacturer so just crossing my fingers.. ;)

#6 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hmmm, that being the case, I suggest you check Device Manager to see it says about your devices, especially the USB hub entries.  If any of them have ? or ! to the left of them, that means you need to replace the driver.  I also have to ask if any devices are working with your USB ports.  I'd think you'd have things like a printer and keyboard, maybe a scanner, etc. connected.  If some of these work, I'd think your mouse should in most cases too. 

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users