Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Twistshifter2

Twistshifter2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

What do you think of the new 360 console.

I played it for a few hours, yeah its got good graphics but when playing project gotham racing 3,

it kinda gave me head ache the only thing i dont like about it, is that you can't play all your old xbox games on, but halo 2 you can but there are other games that i really liked for xbox and wished i never sold
my reg xbox.

which do you think is going to be better when the ps3 comes out?

i personally think the xbox is going to be better.
What It Do!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

Xbox 360 pros:
- It came out first (first next gen console); M$ got their foot in the door...always a good thing
- As of now, it has the best online service of any console
- Familier format (DVD-Rom) for developers to work on; easier to make games cross-platformed for the PC
Cons:
- Hardware and software problems at launch=bad PR for M$
- Not backwards compatible with most original Xbox games
- DVD-ROM format lacks sheer space needed for some next-gen games

While I am a Sony fan, I will acknowledge that M$ does have some things in their favor...for now. However, reports indicate that Sony is ready to declare war on M$ with the PS3. While there will probably be hardware and software issues at launch (it seems to always happen :thumbsup: ), insiders say Sony's online service will be monsterous. And the PS3 will be using the Blu-Ray format...which pretty much doubles the amount of disk space; more disk space means they can cram more stuff into the game...which will (hopefully) make them look and sound way better! On top of all that, Sony plans for the PS3 to be 100% compatible with PS2 games :flowers: !!!!

The Xbox 360 is a formidable opponent, but I think the Sony can take them...if they play it right. The PS2 has a much stronger following than the Xbox...they just need to keep it! :trumpet:

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

Ditto pretty much everything rms4evr said.

I played GRAW for a while w/ a friend from ncsu, and it was pretty cool, but nothing that really WOW'ed me. Oblivion was pretty cool, but nothing i'd really want to spend $400 on.

I can't wait for the ps3 to come out. It's going to cost a sh*t load of money, but i definately think it'll be worth it.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

I'll admit, the 360 is cool and stuff, but I'm at least waiting for a PS3 to come out (which I will probably get anyway) before I consider a 360 (unless I have tons of money to lay down).

The 360 does have something going with its early release but I think it might have been a bit too early for the gaming community to handle. I mean, I think people are over reacting a bit when the only reason to try and convince somebody such as myself to get a 360 is "Well, its the only next-gen system out now". I've even read that because of the 360's release, the current generation economy took a big hit, and for what, a couple of games on release that only one or two were truly 'next-gen'?

Though both PS3 and Xbox 360 are cool, whats killing me is how people fight for them (not saying this forum, but you get the idea). We have the awsome next-gen graphics on the way with Xbox 360/PS3/PC and all people do is fight. I mean come on, doesn't anybody else see the joy in this new age of gaming? Though I am a little more bias to the PS3, I am still a bit interested in the 360, just not as much to warrent buying it just because its out at this moment. Heck, apart from the reason of Metal Gear Solid 4, I'd more rather spend my money on upgrading my PC not only for what I plan on doing with it in college, but Medieval 2: Total War and Crysis are reasons on their own.

What also gets me is how everybody reacts to the PS3's price. We all knew it was going to be expensive and even that Meryl Lynch report was predicting that the costs of the PS3 were going to be like $600-900. Yet, once the price is revealed, people react like they have to drop the money right at that moment and I'm sure that people hated the Xbox 360 premium pack being at $400. I'm aware that the price (and crippling options) of the $500/600 PS3 will turn people away but still, thats another six months away. I'm not saying anybody is rich or poor, but its not like you have to drop your money right now and don't have the option to actually save up to buy something.

*edit* lol, Age of Empires 2, Medieval: Total War, and Counter Strike (and all other Half Life mods) are still just as appealing (man, check out the Afraid of Monsters mod for HL to see a really scarry experence) as the games out today.

Anyway, enough ranting from me.

I offer everybody else to join me and play PC/Xbox 360/PS3/Wii and have fun while everybody else yells and screams at each other. :thumbsup:

Edited by Wizdabest, 27 May 2006 - 09:55 PM.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

first off, #350th post!!!!!!!

anyway.

Yea, good point Heretic. I don't really think the 360 has any games that would make me want to buy it for. I mean, I have Oblvion on my PC and though I can't run it perfectly, I'm 100% satisfied that I have it on PC and not 360 because of the mods, I've got the stuff to make the game look so good that the regular graphics just look disgusting. . .

*edit* One thing I really hope for is that with MGS4, Hideo had the fps drops in that 15 minute video in E-3 just to show that its all in-game footage and that it'll be perfect when released. Even more, the biggest thing I want to see in MGS4 is a decreased load time between codec and cut-scene sequences, it chops up the awsome directing so bad. Its sad to hear MGS4 will be the last in the story.

Edited by Wizdabest, 27 May 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:52 AM

lol, hey check out this article on IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/710/710364p1.html

#7 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:41 AM

insiders say Sony's online service will be monsterous.

they said that when ps2's online first came out :thumbsup:
yeah the 360 isnt as good as people say it is but there is a simple reason for that the software that they are using to make the 360 games is new and therefor they are still getting used to it where as the ps3's software although is new is based on the old software they have used before thats how its completly backwards compatible and the 360 isnt, the way to look at it is about a year from now when both consoles are running at a higher level they will be pretty much even, the ps3 will have the better hardware but i think the 360 will have the better online service and as for the games well its back to the same old "well the xbox has halo and playstation have metal gear solid" story so the games are about even, one of the best ways ive heard it explained are the ps3 is more of a home console whereas the 360 is more of an online console.

I offer everybody else to join me and play PC/Xbox 360/PS3/Wii and have fun while everybody else yells and screams at each other.

totally let all the fan boys fight it outwhile we all sit here playing games. :flowers:
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#8 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

I offer everybody else to join me and play PC/Xbox 360/PS3/Wii and have fun while everybody else yells and screams at each other.

totally let all the fan boys fight it outwhile we all sit here playing games. :thumbsup:

Have you noticed that people are more likely to debate when they are angry and disagreable? Heehee...fanboys are funny!! :flowers:

#9 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

yea lol, I'll agree with that.

Silly people :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users