Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where can I get drivers for emachines d2244?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

mainly video & audio drivers for windows 7. Cannot even find them for XP! it was originally an XP machine. Google brings up all spam results for that model. I tried Driver Robot and it couldn't find for my video. (it says VGA is up to date)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Try this:

http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/drivers

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

If you go to the link below, and enter your serial number or model number, you can download the drivers for your machine.

http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/drivers

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Sorry Roodo, I see you had already posted the link. :oopsign:

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Have you run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to find out whether or not your computer is upgradeable to Windows 7?

According to http://www.computer-specifications.com/specifications/eMachines-eMachinesD2244-Specs.html the max RAM for emachines d2244 is only 2GB

http://www.driversdownloader.com/emachines-drivers/emachines-desktop-d2244 shows drivers only for XP

--- I found a few other websites with similar results

I'm noting the above links to find the drivers for emachine computers 

--- I hope you have better luck than what I'm expecting

#6 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

I see they have drivers for XP & 2000. so win98 is out. can anybody tell me if Windows 2000 can play old games that XP cannot?

#7 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

You don't need specific drivers for specific games that a certain OS ran.

windows 7 will run xp,2000,98. games

Its the game itself that may not run because of the programming language the game was created on that may not be supported on the os.

You can emulate old Operating systems to run old programs.

#8 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

"mainly video & audio drivers for windows 7. Cannot even find them for XP! it was originally an XP machine"

--- I missed that somehow but that means you have already upgraded  to Windows 7?

But what you really want to know is whether or not you can play some old games Win XP couldn't play

--- Since you ask about "video & audio drivers for windows 7" you might be running on incompatible drivers: I've seen that on some of my friends upgraded computers

As mentioned "windows 7 will run xp,2000,98. games" but on the games you are interested in running, if you couldn't run them on XP I suspect they won't run on Windows 7 in this case

However please post one of the games you are interested in, maybe we can find something to help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users