Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Randomly Working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vmalave

vmalave

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hello there,

I have a Windows 7 computer that I can access remotely using LogMeIn, can ping out to websites, but Internet access is random and/or does not work at all.  The issue is not specific to a web browser as it is happening with both IE and Mozilla.  I have disabled all add-ons, Proxy settings are clear and at times some websites will come through but at other times it will only partially load (if at all) with the font coming in with Chinese symbols and HTML code.  However, in safe mode internet works with no problems.

Ran Vipre, MWB and TDSKiller scans, SFC, chkdsk, flushed dns, ip renew.  Network drivers seems to be in good condition.  Computer has been connected to different networks and problem is still the same.  I have checked different forums with no resolution found.  Any recommendations as to where to look next will be appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

vmalave, Welcome to BC Forums! :)

I've read your topic three times for clarity. Being that you have Internet access in safe mode, looks like the hardware is good. My guess is that you have a software issue that is preventing connection, however we need more to go on, as it's a total waste of time grasping at straws.

I need you to install Speccy & post a snapshot of your OS. Do not worry, your personal identity, including your real IP address, won't be revealed. Please follow the instructions below.

Go to [url=http://www.piriform.com/speccy]Piriform's website[/url], and click the big download.png button.
[LIST]
[*]Click [b]Download from Piriform.com[/b] (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.[/*]
[*]You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.[/*]
[/list] After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

====================

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course)

publish.png

• Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

copydi.png

====================

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the reply.png button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Congrats! You have just posted your specs! :)

Sorry for the delay, we've had higher than normal traffic as of late. Hopefully we'll get this figured out.

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 22 June 2014 - 10:27 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 vmalave

vmalave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Cat,

Thank you for your response and I understand the high volume.  I am sorry that I have not gotten back to you.  This computer had to be shipped to me.  Will let you know the out come.

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,875 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Glad to hear back from you, vmalave! :)

Didn't know if the issue was solved or the status of. Please let us know how things turns out. 

Hopefully all will be good, as these issues can be tricky to figure out. Many times boils down to an overlooked setting, in the absence of infection, which hasn't 100% been ruled out. Running in Safe Mode can rule out hardware issues, yet at the same time can mask symptoms, as this is a restrictive environment. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#5 vmalave

vmalave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Cat,

We ended up formatting the computer from scratch because the client needed it right away, and the problem was solved. 

However, we do have another computer with the same issue, that is not on the same network, and just started a day ago.  I can remote access this computer, I can ping out from this computer but cannot browse to any site nor receive/send email from Outlook.  Problem is the same in Safe Mode with Networking. 

As always, thank you for your assistance.

#6 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,875 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Have you tried any diagnostic tests from the Network icon (right click & select "Troubleshoot Problems").

It can also be useful to disconnect both the router & modem, let stand for a minute & plug back in, hope for the best, 

As above, the Speccy log would be very helpful. Better than grasping at straws. 

Cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users