Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goldcup

goldcup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I have been working with computers since the early 70s when we had the reel to reel big hunking IBM computers.  Then of course I grew up with the personal computer in the mid 80s.

Had pretty much every windows availabe except Vista.  Even the dreaded ME.  Now I just graduated to Win 8 Pro and my husband has Win 8.1.  Both HP computers.  We still have a Win 7 ThinkPad, my laptop and two XP computers which are SCSI computers.

I will be 70 the end of the year and my husband just turned 74.  He used to build the computers and I was responsible for the software.

I do like Win 8 but I found quite a few quirks with it.  One being that you can't readily delete network computers showing on your network when you change the name of the computer or the workgroup.  I did find a work around, but deleting a network computer can't be done by just hitting the delete button.....really????

My husband and I are both retired and moved from CA to Colorado in 2001.  Living here is great. 

That is about it for me, other than that I still love working with computers.

Inge Diodati

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hello goldcup! 

Welcome to BC!! Good intro, and I bet CO is awesome right now :) 

~stolen

#3 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

goldcup, Welcome to BC Forums! :)

Your computer experience may prove to be helpful to many here, looking forward to seeing your participation. Being that you enjoy working on computers, you should fit in here nicely.

The ones whom I know from CO speaks highly of the region........has likely been a refreshing change from the fast paced CA lifestyle.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users