Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC recognises mouse but won't work

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Roman123

Roman123

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

It is the Logitech G300 (gaming mouse), it has the usual laser on the bottom still working but the lights on either side which are always on are not working and the mouse is not inoperable. My PC recognises the mouse in device manager and says it is working properly and the correct driver is installed. I've tried 3 different mouses, all of which are cheap and would only require a general driver which windows should install. I tried to plug the USB into a slot on the front as it was previously in the back in its usual slot and it starts installing then fails and won't install successfully. In device manager there are no yellow or red warnings on any of the USB devices.

I've tried multiple solutions which have worked for others but to no avail, has anyone got a solution for me please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Did you try to turn it off and on again? :P If not, give that a go sounds like the ports may have become corrupt temporarily. If no dice, then uninstall all of your mouse drivers in device manager & check under C:\ to make sure the Logitech folder (if located there) is clear from all drivers. Then re install from device manager or download from manufac. website.

#3 Roman123

Roman123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Didn't work :( I'm not sure what this issue is it seems to think the mouse is working correctly but it just isn't

#4 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

You uninstalled the drivers and re installed from device manager. Did you also uninstall & try to re install from manufac. website? & tried resetting it into a different port?

#5 Roman123

Roman123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

You uninstalled the drivers and re installed from device manager. Did you also uninstall & try to re install from manufac. website?

Yeah it didn't make a difference unfortunately.

& tried resetting it into a different port?

I'll try this now

#6 Roman123

Roman123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

This didn't work either  :smash:

#7 Codax

Codax

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

I have the excact same problem!! This is a description of mine: 

I just bought my new Razer Naga 2014 yesterday and to my surprise it didn't work. It doesn't light up, nor does it move or click. I have tried using all my usb ports to no luck (and yes the usb ports work). My pc picks up that something is there, but the mouse it classified as an unspecified device. I thought maybe i just have to download the drivers for the mouse, but Razer Synapse 2.0 (razers driver and settings -program for many of their products) will not recognize the naga. It is stuck at the screen that says: "please connect a razer synapse 2.0 enabled device". The mouse works perfectly with my brothers pc (also a laptop), so i tried updating the mouse from there with razer synapse. Still didn't fix anything. The weird part is that i have a razer keyboard aswell and when i boot my pc the keyboard and mouse light up at the same time. Then they suddenly stop at the same time, but the keyboard is the only one that lights up again after that. 

Please help..

Let me know if you find a solution! :)

#8 Roman123

Roman123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

I have the excact same problem!! This is a description of mine: 

I just bought my new Razer Naga 2014 yesterday and to my surprise it didn't work. It doesn't light up, nor does it move or click. I have tried using all my usb ports to no luck (and yes the usb ports work). My pc picks up that something is there, but the mouse it classified as an unspecified device. I thought maybe i just have to download the drivers for the mouse, but Razer Synapse 2.0 (razers driver and settings -program for many of their products) will not recognize the naga. It is stuck at the screen that says: "please connect a razer synapse 2.0 enabled device". The mouse works perfectly with my brothers pc (also a laptop), so i tried updating the mouse from there with razer synapse. Still didn't fix anything. The weird part is that i have a razer keyboard aswell and when i boot my pc the keyboard and mouse light up at the same time. Then they suddenly stop at the same time, but the keyboard is the only one that lights up again after that. 

Please help..

Let me know if you find a solution! :)

My mouse also worked on my laptop perfectly fine which is really frustrating, the fact it also works in the BIOS menu on bootup on my PC is confusing as well.

If I find a solution I'll be sure to let you know :)

#9 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Instead of installing mouse drivers, try reinstalling the USB drivers. That may be the deal Lucile.

#10 Roman123

Roman123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

It won't let me uninstall the any of the USB drivers in device manager, if I attempt this it pops up with a warning telling me they cannot be uninstalled as they are required to boot the PC, any ideas?

#11 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

Do you have the disc that came with your Mobo? If so pop that sucker in & try to reinstall/repair the drivers from there. OR try to download the drivers from the manufac website, run the installer and see if it gives you options to uninstall/repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users