I have a windows 7 operating system and usually use firefox as my browser. I apologize, in advance, for my lack of computer knowledge. Something is making my computer act glitchy. I think its a virus or malware, but I have no idea what is going on. Here are some of the symptoms:
1. When I turn on my computer and try to sign into my account, the computer automatically switches it to the administrator account to get me to log in there. However, I am able to switch over and sign in on the other account (not under the administrator.)
2. When I try to open firefox, a popup window opens asking me to sign in as administrator to allow Mozilla to make changes to my computer.
3. The battery icon on my task bar disappeared yesterday. It's back now, no idea what's up with that.
4. When I watch videos on netflix or Amazon, the menu bar with the play/pause and time display disappears. This just started happening in the last few days. I can get it back if I do a control/alt/delete, go to task manager and hit end processes.
5. If I open more than one window, when I go to close them, I can't close the last window using the red X in the upper right hand corner. Again, I can get them to close if I do a control/alt/delete, go to task manager and hit end processes. Doing this releases whatever hold is on my computer and allows me to use the red X to close that final window.
6. My right click button stopped working on my touch pad.
7. I can't run Malwarebytes under my regular account, but I have been able to get it to run under my administrator account. BTW, it says I'm not infected.
8. I'm having loads of trouble downloading. If I'm able to download at all, I have to click on the download link, then hit control ATL Delete and go to the task manager and hit end processes. Only then am I allowed to download and even then not always. Also, doing this maneuver would allow me to close the stuck open windows and retreive the lost menu bars in Netflix and Amazon videos.
This is everything I can think of that right now. I am attaching my dds.txt and attach.txt log files. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.