Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FPS drops over time (~100 to 9) GPU load just above 0%

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shabbi

Shabbi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

The performance of my "gaming" laptop has reduced over the 3-4 years I have had it, however recently it has become unplayable after only a few hours session of gaming.

I have noticed the problem whilst playing a moba game, I have it on the lowest setting (depite being able to play it on the highest settings in the past) with the FPS at around 100, the next match it drops to 40, then to 20, then to 9 FPS and it is unplayable. I check the GPU and its load is inevitably around 0% when it is at its worst.

Operating System

- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

- Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz    60 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology

RAM

- 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

- Alienware

Graphics

- Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@59Hz)
- 1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (Dell)    56 °C

Storage

- 232GB Seagate ST9250410AS (SATA)    45 °C

Optical Drives
- XQNEHE NOLUFO92 SCSI CdRom Device
- PLDS DVD+-RW DC-8A2SH

Audio
- Logitech G930 Headset

I would very much appreciate any advice regarding what the hell is going on with my system and what exactly is failing. I would be happy to provide any further information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users