The performance of my "gaming" laptop has reduced over the 3-4 years I have had it, however recently it has become unplayable after only a few hours session of gaming.
I have noticed the problem whilst playing a moba game, I have it on the lowest setting (depite being able to play it on the highest settings in the past) with the FPS at around 100, the next match it drops to 40, then to 20, then to 9 FPS and it is unplayable. I check the GPU and its load is inevitably around 0% when it is at its worst.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
- Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz 60 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
- 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
- Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@59Hz)
- 1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (Dell) 56 °C
- 232GB Seagate ST9250410AS (SATA) 45 °C
- XQNEHE NOLUFO92 SCSI CdRom Device
- PLDS DVD+-RW DC-8A2SH
- Logitech G930 Headset
I would very much appreciate any advice regarding what the hell is going on with my system and what exactly is failing. I would be happy to provide any further information.