Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android tablet rooting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _Edvinas_

_Edvinas_

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

I'm trying to get my tablet, the GoClever Terra 72, rooted. Here is the info:

Model number: TERRA_72
Android 4.2.2
Kernel verison: 3.4.0+
Build number: GOCLEVER_131115

The thing is, there are NO drivers for my tablet! Is there a way to "make" the drivers for myself or something? It's my first time rooting a device, I've read about rooting a lot before, but I can't do it without the appropriate drivers for my tablet. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

If you're feeling adventurous, there is a chinese program that might be able to help. I can't speak for how safe it is or how well it works, but here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=39383259

As for "making the drivers yourself", I assume that would be very complicated. I've rooted and put on CyanogenMod on several devices. There are a few devices I have that don't have any custom ROMs, so I've looked a little bit into building ROMs from the source code, but unless you've dealt with a ton of programming, and Android development, I'd suggest against it.

There are some drivers that are "universal" (nothing ever truly is) that you could try: Universal Naked Driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users