Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best MicroSD card?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 on the way to me this week. 

This smartphone supports a microSD card as storage expansion (up to 64GB). I know I can just ggogle this up but I would like some hands on experience on which is the best micro sd card to get for 1080p video recording and for fast loading of apps. I did some reading myself and so far the SanDisk 64GB SDXC is leading the race. Anyone else have a recommendation? Price also matters of course. Anything below $100 with the right specs and best speed. 

Thanks!

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 metalupyourmax

metalupyourmax

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

If im correct, PNY has some of the cheapest microsd's that still perform well in comparison to the other brands like Sandisk and Kingston. Sandisk is no doubt the leader of such electronics but there isnt too much that you can go wrong with in the way of micro sd's so if you are concerned about money, try something from PNY, otherwise, Sandisk ultra is the best there is.

http://www3.pny.com/64GB-High-Performance-microSDXC---40MBs-P3460C606.aspx

#3 badr0b0t

badr0b0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. That PNY is even faster than the Sandisk that I am looking at (40 vs 30 MB/s). I will try to find that in my area.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#4 badr0b0t

badr0b0t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

I think I found what I am looking for...

• Up to 48MB/s transfer speed
  • Water proof, Temperature Proof, X-Ray proof, Magnetic proof

And the most important thing, it's below $50 and comes with 10 YEARS WARRANTY!

Great reviews, too.

Order placed.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IVPU7AO/ref=pe_386430_30332290_TE_3p_dp_1

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage-accessories/MB-MP64DA/AM

61x7HegbYvL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by badr0b0t, 18 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#5 metalupyourmax

metalupyourmax

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Awesome! Samsung has a good reputation and those specs look great. Enjoy the card!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users