Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trovi problem?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diannem1972

diannem1972

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

I think I might have this trovi virus? It's very weird.  Internet explorer won't load facebook.  I can put in 1000 different websites and they come right up.  I did clear the cache and cookies.  I only saw this trovi in this address that came up in the window briefly.  if I put www.facebook.com  in it just sits there and will say redirecting and spin and spin.  I put google. com or yahoo.com and can pull up my mail and everything comes up quickly, except facebook.  please help me.  I really don't know a darn thing about computers.  I do have Norton but it's not detecting anything.

Edited by hamluis, 19 June 2014 - 07:11 AM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Welcome,

It does sound like you have been infected with something. Have you tried doing a scan with any of the available free scanners - like Malwarebytes Antimalware or SuperantiSpyware?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 JJMI

JJMI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

I couldn't understand why "trovi" continued to high-jack my search engine.  I would click on "chrome" or "google" or "bing," and the address would always be www.trovi.

After a frustrating day of trying to upload photos into a website, I finally determined that I was not alone.  I have Norton Anti-Virus and it updates daily.  When I looked at the Control Panel, I found programs of 'yula' and 'Zombie' by Creative Island Media, LLC.  I couldn't uninstall either of the programs. 

Now, finally, I think I have my computer back to normal.  From www.bleepingcomputer.com I downloaded the Adwcleaner and followed the directions.  2nd, I used Junkware Removal Tool by Thisisu and had 67 junk files.  After taking care of those, I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free which detected 16 "PUPs" which were cleaned.  These were found in files, keys, processes and modules.  Finally I downloaded Hitman Pro, installed it, and cleaned up more files.  I then went to my Norton Anti-Virus to look at specific files which I blocked and deleted.  I questioned whether all of these programs cleaned up my system so I ran the first four programs once again.  This time my computer was CLEAN of PUPS, adware, and malware.  Thank you for assisting me!

Edited by JJMI, 18 June 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thanks for the update!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Glad to hear all is well

Stay well and surf safe, we'll be here when you need us :thumbup2:

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E