Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sometimes: When Boot - Win Doesn't Recognize USB 3 Device

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RAPHelp

RAPHelp

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 with 2 USB 3 ports (that is: supposedly USB 3) and run Win 7 64bit. Recently bought a WD Passport USB 3 HDD - MyPassport. Can read/write to device fine but sometimes when I boot up (with HDD always connected) get a Win 'error' that a Mass USB Storage device could run faster if connected to an USB 3 port.

The connectors are blue (both at CPU and device) - which I believe indicates USB 3 ... so it is connected properly.

I just booted and got the 'error'/warning. Checked the Device Manager and:

1. It said everything was working correctly - USB 3 Hub, Mass Storage device, and WD Drive Management devices
  2. Used 'safely remove device' then unplugged MyPassport
  3. Replugged MyPassport
  4. Rebooted - NO 'ERROR"/WARNING

Is MyPassport really operating as a USB 3 device?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users