Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Consumer-grade SSDs actually last a hell of a long time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

How long, exactly, do SSDs last? It’s a difficult question to answer because estimating an SSD’s life requires taking a whole lot of factors into consideration—type and amount of NAND used in the drive, overall write amplification, read/write cycle, and more. When we did our in-depth examination of how SSDs work a couple of years back, we looked a bit at how those factors affect drive life, but TechReport is going even further than that and has been subjecting six drives to a long-term torture test to actually measure, rather than estimate, the drives’ service life.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/06/consumer-grade-ssds-actually-last-a-hell-of-a-long-time/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

Good post, I have used both samsung and intel drives, I have had 0 problems with either brand as of yet.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

But see this topic here !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538304/ssd-power-connector-slightly-melted-is-it-still-safe-to-use/

Chris Cosgrove

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

Wow!

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users