Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searching a new computer| Looking for an Acer Aspire

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bunny03

bunny03

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hi all, im looking to buy a new pc and I need your help, first:

Im looking for: 

Acer Aspire E1 15.6" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 4200U / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM / Windows 8.1)

And i want to know because im a beginner in this domain if it can do that:

-Run Rust

-Run CubeWorld

-Good speed on the web

-I can program on it

-Medium screen

And i have a question:

Is Intel Core i5 4th gen (in the title) is good for gaming

If you know other PC can do all I said, reply please  |600-700 CANADIAN $|

If you have some questions reply too

Thanks,

Edited by bunny03, 17 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

I am not a fan of the laptop form factor.  I only recommend laptops for people who require their computer to be portable.  You can get more machine for the same money if you go with a desktop.

That said, looking at the Rust and Cube World sites that machine would have no issues playing either.  The good speed on the web will depend more upon how you are connecting than the machine.  Programming shouldn't be an issue.  The screen size is rather large for a laptop, but small compared to a desktop.

I'm not fond of the Acer brand, but wasn't able to find anything better in your price range.

One other thing, I recommend a touch screen for Windows 8 if you've never used Windows 8 with a mouse before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users