Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Error Message Problem.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Satman858

Satman858

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

I have been using Malwarebytes for a number of years, however I went to run it on my wifes laptop today it was not working. So when I tried to unistall the old version I was using, and reinstall their newest version it would not allowed to do a uninstall of the older version. I am geting this message below, and not being allowed to do a uninstall of the older version:

Messages File "C:/Program Files (x86)Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/unins000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

Has anyone seen this happen before, and maybe what I can do to get the old version uninstalled.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Two things to try.  First try downloading the current version and installing it.  If that doesn't work, try using the Revo uninstaller - it will uninstall a lot of things when nothing else will.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

I'm trying to uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but I'm getting an error, how do I fix it?
How do I uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware using MBAM uninstall tool (mbam-clean.exe)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Satman858

Satman858
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Two things to try.  First try downloading the current version and installing it.  If that doesn't work, try using the Revo uninstaller - it will uninstall a lot of things when nothing else will.

Good luck.

Thanks wpgwpg for the heads up about trying a Revo uninstaller. I downloaded it and the Revoinstaller did uninstalled the the older version of Malwarebytes with that error problem I mentioned in my first post, within a few minutes. After using the Revo, and getting it uninstalled, I loaded the newer version of Malwarebytes, and it is up and running great.

Thanks again wpgwpg!

Edited by Satman858, 17 June 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

While Revo is an excellent alternative to Windows built in Add/Remove and I recommend it often...the developers of Malwarebytes specifically created mbam-clean.exe for removing all traces when an uninstall of MBAM results in errors or when you need to do a clean install.

In the future I recommend you (and anyone else reading this topic) use MBAB's uninstall utility if you encounter problems with MBAM again.

I also recommend keeping Revo...it is a handy utility.

#6 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

As always quietman7's advice is spot on. :thumbup2:

One of the great things about the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware task specific uninstaller, mbam-clean.exe, is that it is always quite effective even after the Windows uninstaller or Revo's uninstaller has been used first.

The only caveat the volunteer helpers and staffers on the Malwarebytes forum caution is making absolutely sure the product's licensing ID and Key have been safely stored before Revo and mbam-clean.exe is used.

HTH :)

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Yes if using the Premium version, you will need to reactivate Malwarebytes' using the license ID and key you were sent by email. As 1PW notes, make sure you save that information so it is readily available when reinstalling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users