Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Stuck in Starting Windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scenetwenty6

Scenetwenty6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate Machine that won't boot after "Starting Windows" screen. Have managed to boot it in safe mode, and have restored it from previous restore point successfully. Windows Updates install, automatically, and the next boot is a Starting Windows hang. Please help. Have run frst.exe as seen in previous posts -- have info if helpful.

Thanks, ST6

Mod Edit: Moved to proper forum for FRST log

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~~ boopme

Edited by Scenetwenty6, 17 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Does this problem persist in Safe Mode?

Just so you know, you shouldn't post a FRST log in the Windows forums.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Scenetwenty6

Scenetwenty6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for response and info. No, problem does not persist in safemode. 

#4 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,907 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hi ST6 :)

Welcome! My name is polskamachina and I will be assisting you with your malware problems. What follows below are some ground rules for this forum.

I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know.

I am in California at GMT-7 Hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

• Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
  • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
  • Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
  • I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
  • Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
  • NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
  • NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

Let's get started:

In order to give you the best possible support, we ask that you take a few preliminary steps which are outlined here. All the steps listed are important but step #6 will explain how to download and run the DDS program which will provide us a detailed analysis of your system. You will need to copy and paste the two logs that the DDS software will provide at the end of the scan.

Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

#5 polskamachina

polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,907 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hi ST6 :)

It's been several days since you've checked in. Do you still need help with this? If not, this topic will be closed in 48 hours.

Let me know if you have any questions.

polskamachina

#6 schrauber

schrauber

Mr.Mechanic

• Malware Response Team
  • 24,794 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:54 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
regards,
schrauber

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I've not posted back within 48 hrs., feel free to send a PM with your topic link. Thank you!

If I have helped you then please consider donating to continue the fight against malware Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users