Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why can't I paste text using Firefox to my posts on Bleeping Computer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

This is a problem I haven't come across on any other forum, where I have no problem copying and pasting text into my posts.

However on Bleeping Computer the only way I am able to do so is to set the NoScript Firefox plug-in to ''not allow'' Bleeping Computer, which of course means that not all of the site software functions are available. As soon as I click ''allow bleepingcomputer.com'' in NoScript, if I right-click in the box I am typing in just now, the cut/copy/paste/delete menu is no longer there.

Also, my spell checker plug-in works just fine before I click  ''allow bleepingcomputer.com,'' but doesn't work at all after.

I have tried logging in with Firefox using Ubuntu 12.04 and Lucid Puppy 5.2.8.6, and get the same results with both.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this website not fully compatible with Firefox?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Here's a random copy & paste from a Yahoo news article using Firefox 30 and Windows 7 Home Premium:

"Hong Kong customs officials have seized $2 million-worth of scales from the endangered pangolin, or "scaly anteater", authorities said Tuesday, in their biggest such haul in five years."

It's working fine for me, so I can't guess what's different on your computer.  Maybe it's an add-on?  I only have one add-on, Adblock Plus 2.6.3.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Al1000

Al1000
  • Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 7,716 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

The only add-ons I have added to my Puppy installation are NoScript and Shockwave Flash, and I think I also added a dictionary although I can't find that at the moment.

I have all of the media player plug-ins set to ''ask to activate,'' but I don't see that that would make a difference.

#4 Al1000

Al1000
  • Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 7,716 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

I also have Puppy installed on my desktop pc as well as my laptop wihch I was on when I was typing my previous posts in this thread, and I got mixed up between Puppy and Ubuntu on my desktop pc.

I am now on Firefox on Ubuntu, and I have no plug-ins installed at all (I only installed Ubuntu the other day), and the cut/copy//paste/delete menu is not there when I right-click in the box I'm typing in just now.

Edited by Al1000, 17 June 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#5 Al1000

Al1000
  • Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 7,716 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Now on Firefox on XP, which also has NoScript installed, and get the same results.

#6 Al1000

Al1000
  • Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 7,716 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Using Google Chrome in XP now and everything works fine with it.

(I am using the latest version of Firefox in each installation)

(I'd better get XP off the internet now before it gets infected)

Edited by Al1000, 17 June 2014 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users