Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Online

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Medic1671

Medic1671

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

[b][i]I have a Dell Laptop and put a kodak easyshare cd in. Didn't like it so I went to add/remove programs to uninstall and it told me to go to system tray. No luck. Finally had to go into safe mode and delete Kodak that way in add/remove programs. Now, I can't do anything including turning the computer off normally.
I turn it on and when the icon comes up I click on it. White box appears so I go to type in my password and the mouse icon disappears and that's that. I cannot do anything else. I have to shut it off using the on/off button.
Any suggestions please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

Eeewww . . . I hate Kodak's software. I've always had problems with it.

Try running System File Checker. It helps if you have your XP CD - it should be in the CD drive.

Click Start -> Run and type

cmd

. . . and hit enter. When the Command window pops up looking for all the world like a DOS window, at the prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

. . . and hit enter. Let it check your system for missing or corrupt files.

(Note: there's a space between the sfc and the /)

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

The best and easiest fix is use Windows System Restore to revert your system to a date that predates your Kodak ap installation (which would also eliminate changes that affected your connectivity when you deleted it).

start>programs>accessories>system tools>System Restore
The wizard will open allowing you to choose a date to restore to.

It will not affect any of your data but will affect updates you may have downloaded after that date so redownload updates to Windows and all other programs if applicable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users