Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendations for best Epoxy Glue?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

My company has used Insta-Plastik forever. It comes in two bottles- one with bonder, one with the base.

2exlf1g.jpg

Recently when I noticed we were getting low on the base I looked into ordering more and found out the company is no longer in business.

Now I need a new supplier.

Any recommendations? Retail, over-the-counter brands are fine if you have used them and know they work well.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Now we get into problems of international trade!  I could cheerfully recommend a product called ARALDITE to you, it's an excellent two part resin glue which comes in varying formulations for differing applications. But I have no idea if it is available in the USA or not, or if it is, what brand name it is marketed under. The packet of the 'rapid' variant I have beside me quotes the manufacturer as -

Bostik Limited

Stafford, UK

Phone - 0044 (0)1785 272 727

If you do decide to give them a ring, remember the time difference.  Call them early in the Texas business day and you should get them in their mid-afternoon !  The only other information I have is that 'Araldite' is a trademark of Huntsman LLC.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Netghost56

Netghost56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

That's what Ebay is for ;)

I'll see if I can track down some and try it out.

Thanks!

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Loctite is pretty widely used in industrial applications and make an almost bewildering range of epoxies.  That's the consumer page, the industrial site is here.

Edited by jonuk76, 17 June 2014 - 08:35 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users