Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to merge table cells in Excel 2010?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi, this is my progress of the worksheet so far:

1403021416-1762557231-o.jpg

So, for example, I want to merge row 24 and 25 together, how to do so? The merge and center button is grey out.

Note: I use table styles to create this table, and I use border tools to make the border looks like that, but as you can see the background is still different color. That's means it still different rows.

Thank you everyone.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

If I understand what you want to do (and I'm not sure I do), you want the "fierce" entry on row 25 to appear in row 24, is that right?  If so, it would seem that you need to add a new column to row 24, otherwise I don't know where else it could go.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

I want something like this: (I use manual way to create this for example.)

1403023668-1762557234-o.jpg

Thank you.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

It would seem that you're going to have to have the words "anger" and "fierce" side by side if you don't want them in separate columns.  If it's possible, I don't know any way to have one above the other in the same cell.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

It is row 2 and 3 in my example, I've typed them in separate rows and then "merge & center" them together, but if I use "Table styles" tool I will not able to use "merge & center".

Thank you.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,955 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Not sure if this will help.

This also happens when the cells you're trying to merge are part of a table. To correct this, select the cells, go to the Design tab of the Table Tools ribbon (yellow) and click Convert to Range (within the Tools section).

#7 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Not sure if this will help.

This also happens when the cells you're trying to merge are part of a table. To correct this, select the cells, go to the Design tab of the Table Tools ribbon (yellow) and click Convert to Range (within the Tools section).

Yes, it works! Even though I need to change colors manually. :)

Thank you.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,955 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Your Welcome. Glad it worked for you.

#9 Jingjue

Jingjue

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

mmm another idea to do it manually is to use "alt+enter" and type it in ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users