Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High disk usage (95 up to 100%): limit of Windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eusebio

eusebio

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Greetings to anybody is reading.

First of all, I apologize for my poor English.

The topic I'd like to begin is about a problem that, I've red in the Web, a lot of users have met in Windows 8: a high disk usage which make the pc more and more slow. And it's happen without any program is running. Just the services and something else of Windows itself.

Somebody says to unable some services like Superfetch and Windows Search.

Somebody else says to increase the virtual memory.

Somebody else says to unable some scheduling task, as defrag the HDD.

I'd like to know your opinion, because I think you are members of a very serious website.

Best regards to everybody.

Roberto from northern Italy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Can you screenshot the task manager showing the processes running so I can see this high disk usage? Or even some logs to support timeouts etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users