Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to connect to DMZ from LAN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aram2

aram2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hello every one,

This is my first post on this site. I have a network with three parts, LAN,DMZ,Internet.

I have 3 servers in DMZ part and I want to shape the users traffic just for Internet not for the servers. So, I use a mikrotik vmware and define some queues for shaping users traffic. Unfortunatelly, the uses can't connect to the servers as fast as I want since there is shaping!

So how can I overcome to this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Can the workstations connect to the servers via a LAN address?

#3 aram2

aram2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

Yes, I think there should be a NAT for connecting to the servers, am I right?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Putting something in the DMZ is essentially like putting it directly connected to the Internet, port forwarding is the recommended method.  Putting the machines in the DMZ allows you to connect to them from the public IP address, however if you connect to their local network address the traffic shouldn't be leaving your LAN and NAT shouldn't be a factor.  It is really difficult to be much more specific without knowing how your network is configured.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users