Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Extension Caused A Problem.Malware?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cyrus not the Virus

Cyrus not the Virus

  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

I am not sure if I post it in  the right section but please moved it if it's a mistake. 

 

I downloaded a free extension called History Calendar made by Russian programmers, it's supposed to allowed the Chrome users to look for older surfing history (3 months or more) and URLs easier. It instead messed up my Chrome.
I had to discard it.

 

Now, SiteAdvisor is not working or displaying in Chrome.

 

Both search results from Google displayed in Internet Explorer and and Google Chrome will be highlighted in blue colour unless Siteadvisor is shut down. Once Siteadvisor is shut down, I am blind even though I have WOT.

 

Whenever, I signed in to email my username also will be highlighted as I typed my password. 

 

I found out from Google search that Google Chrome Web Store is riddled with malicious malware in the shape of extensions (free of course). I should have found earlier but now it's rather late.Damaged done!

 

First, it's annoying to see search results in Google.com and my username highlighted all the time whenever I logged in for my emails, going to forum like bleepingcomputer, or searching for info.

 

Second not only Google Chrome is affected so is Internet Explorer.

 

Third, Siteadvisor is working only on Internet Explorer not on  Google Chrome. I have uninstall and reinstalled Siteadvisor extension a few times on Chrome but now Siteadvisor is still not working at all most of the time.

 

There no redirecting, MBAM scan showed no result of any infection. I tried to search for an answer but no avail.

 

Should I use DDS to see what is going on?

Thank you very much.


Edited by Cyrus not the Virus, 17 June 2014 - 04:57 AM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 noknojon

noknojon

  • Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

I have requested this thread be locked, and we will look at this in your other topic only.



#3 hamluis

hamluis

    Moderator


  • Moderator
  • 55,872 posts
  • ONLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Killeen, TX
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

Repost in AII, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538107/google-chrome-extension-caused-a-problemmalware/ .

 

This topic is closed to avoid confusion.

 

Louis






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users