Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for free video converter....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 I have a computer...

I have a computer...

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

Hi, I am looking for a good, free, malware-free, safe video converter but I've been having trouble finding the right one...

I am trying to convert a .MOV file to .AVI.

Can anyone recommend any?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 neilbuddy

neilbuddy

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

I use HandBrake to convert all of my videos and it works really well http://handbrake.fr/

It is open sources and works on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

Here is a link to download Format Factory, it is free, and works well on Windows.

http://www.pcfreetime.com/

But just remember, when downloading any freeware, be sure to opt out of any toolbars, etc. that you do not want before downloading.

Edited by GB2064, 20 June 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#4 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

Handbrake doesn't convert to AVI. I'd use Any Video Converter or Format Factory in Windows; and Arista Transcoder in Linux

#5 HelpIGotScammed

HelpIGotScammed

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

Prism is pretty good. http://download.cnet.com/Prism-Video-File-Converter/3000-2194_4-10644345.html It's what I use to convert my choir videos for editing.

#6 ichigosoul

ichigosoul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

You could use something simple like AppGeeker if you just want to do conversion from .mov to .avi that easy.

http://www.appgeeker.com/how-to/convert-avi-to-mov-mac.html

It converts from one format to another format, have never failed for me.

#7 keronkkumar

keronkkumar

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

i use iwisoft video converter , it's pretty good and i never hd any problems with it so far .

• Convert all popular video formats, including HD video.
  • Rip audio from video.
  • Convert video to animated GIF.
  • Optimized profiles for many digital devices.
  • Adjust format parameters.
  • Merge video.
  • Trim video.
  • Crop video.
  • Add watermark on video.
  • Support .srt subtitle.
  • And many more...

http://www.iwisoft.com/videoconverter/

#8 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

vlc can do conversions but it is tough to use that function, and is likely to crash if you set up the conversion a bit incorrectly. it is free and very versatile plus it will play almost any media file however rare and unusual the codec is.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#9 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:24 AM

I love and use freemake software

#10 bikefixer

bikefixer

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Any-video-converter.com I think this is one I used before that is free and works good!!

#11 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

Prism is pretty good. http://download.cnet.com/Prism-Video-File-Converter/3000-2194_4-10644345.html It's what I use to convert my choir videos for editing

C-NET will skunk pup your mechine, I am surprised bleeping com still lets them even get press here.

there is some real issues with 99 percent of these free (SICK) programs, i just read a review for "you tube down loader HD"

the site swore it was bug free, I went to down load and found "opencandy" thug bug wear in fine print.

so now i have to go run this clean up stuff cause i "almost" down loaded a clean open software program," cause god only knows what i got just downloading the file and reading the fine print.

I have been looking at these folks "ISKYSOFT" and talking to them, this cost 17 bucks if you mail them and ask for a discount which i have not done yet, but our conversations have been very adult and respectful, they are small but have wrote me back 5 times to my questions with great politeness,  thats real dignity.

I believe they have a model that coverts stored files to what ever you want

http://www.iskysoft.com/free-youtube-downloader.html

as well try this site, which i think quiet man (one of many of my heros here showed me)

http://www.techsupportalert.com/

MEAN WHILE MAN UP LIKE ITS A PARTY , never let anything in your space without making them pay respect rent

jimbotoo :bubbles:

Edited by jimbotoo, 08 April 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#12 HelpIGotScammed

HelpIGotScammed

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

Prism is pretty good. http://download.cnet.com/Prism-Video-File-Converter/3000-2194_4-10644345.html It's what I use to convert my choir videos for editing

C-NET will skunk pup your mechine, I am surprised bleeping com still lets them even get press here.

there is some real issues with 99 percent of these free (SICK) programs, i just read a review for "you tube down loader HD"

the site swore it was bug free, I went to down load and found "opencandy" thug bug wear in fine print.

I got the Prism converter program several years ago and it's been reliable to me without any trouble whatsoever. I haven't used c-net to download anything for several years now, so it must have changed a lot since I last used it. I guess I won't be using it again anytime soon! Thanks for that heads up.

#13 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

I got the Prism converter program several years ago and it's been reliable to me without any trouble whatsoever. I haven't used c-net to download anything for several years now, so it must have changed a lot since I last used it. I guess I won't be using it again anytime soon! Thanks for that heads up.

Again i am surprised bleep even allows their (c-net) name except as huge warning.

Changing a well known safe program download to a bundled "open candy" molester * is a new way to bump funk internet users.

you tube down loader was a bunch of nice guys for years, then some sociopath offers them more then they can resist and now you have a software tool so toxic malwarebytes rips out the whole program.

The mindless adult infantile disorders need to get over them selves.

It is a addiction, a person who is so personality vacant, they are willing to get app molested to be seen in public with some socially acceptable hula hoop is a threat to them selves.

playing with a micro wave oven to have a identity on their skull to fit in with people they have nevered smelled in real life.

And then their is the drool baby talk ( Goggle) issue.

*********all this crap is named after candy.

molesters carry candy to do what to kids?

Lewis Carrol the great "ASBERGER DISORDER" child molester, who wrote "Alice in wonderland" spent his life under house arrest faced with life in prison if he came within 300 yards of alice after he asked her parents if he could "marry" the eight year old girl.

But fasion set him free, GOSH we so need our icons and false gods, to excape the boredom of our selves

the self that is a complete mistery to us.

he was a wonderfunk math wizard, so with the help of his college he walked, read the book and and wonder what he did to her as you geuss what your apps do to you.

he could do wonders with math, mind blowing stuff, but not a moral in his head, thats why i love it when some of the mods here come in and set interpersonal precident here with adult heart, normality is so refreshing in this culture.

How ever,,,,, many of these devices are put together often by nut cases, as are many pure math devices, mean while think i am nuts, you wanna see nuts,  goggle the naked pictures of alice "lewis Carrol" took of her, as he became the most famious math guy of his time. then go to a lewis carrol festival, and  so you can see and know, a monkey see monkey do cow when you see one.

god,,,, people need a bronze cow to worship, SICK

again i recomend iskysoft

jimbotoo  :hello:

Edited by jimbotoo, 12 April 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#14 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:35 AM

I love and can t stop using "  Freemake  Video  converter "  enough said  :  ) 

#15 NorthernScally

NorthernScally

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

just started using this. its unbloated and quite fast

http://icecreamapps.com/Media-Converter/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users