Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers cause PC to freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fredericofrg

fredericofrg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hey guys.

Well i just bought a computer on Monday, then i got on Thursday but was crashing a lot then i sent back to the store where they assembled all and i picked up today, now i got another freaking problem.

I want to know if you guys can give me a help with this problem.

So computer Specs:

Windows Pro 8.1 64 Bits

Asus Z97 Deluxe (NFC & WLC)

4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz

1 TB SSD Samsung 840 EVO

3x HDD WD 4 TB 7200 RPM

Core i7 4770K 3.6 hz Overcloked to 4.0 hz

3x Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Blue Quiet Edition Case Fan

1x GTX 780 TI 3 GB

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
SuperNOVA 850G2 850 Watt Gold Modular ATX 12V Power Supply ECO Thermal control

ok now my problem is that if i try to install my mouse, headset, webcam drivers the computer freezes and i can't use my mouse/keyboard then if i press the reset button on the case take a while to restart.

My windows is installed on the SSD and the rest of the stuff like this drivers i was trying to install in both ssd and hdd both freezes in any of the discs.

Can anyone help me out with a solution for that please?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Frozwire

Frozwire

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

Try to disconnect those 3x HDD WD 4 TB 7200 RPM drives  from the system leaving just the SSD for your system to boot and find out if the freezing still persists while the HDDs are disconnected.

Edited by Frozwire, 17 June 2014 - 09:16 PM.

"Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty...” - Esther Dyson

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'd also undo the overclocking to see if that makes a difference.  In addition I'd check the temperatures with something like SpeedFan because overheating can cause undesirable things.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users