Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can i make a 12 hour long video with only 1 frame for the entire length?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NameOfAUser

NameOfAUser

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

I make 12 hour long videos on youtube. It's usually the sound of rain or crashing waves. Anyways, sometimes I have video of rain or crashing waves, other times I use a photograph and I add audio via an audio editing program like camtasia studio 8.4 or sony vegas pro 12. When making a video by using audio plus one photo for the entire duration of the video, is there a way I can create these videos with only one frame for the entire duration of the 12 hour video in order to save disk space? Is there software out there that can do that? I was able to use 1 frame per second in camtasia studio 8.4, which came out to about 1.5GB to 3GB in size (otherwise the size comes out to just over 20GB, which is a bit much when it comes to uploading to youtube), which is very manageable for 12 hour long videos, but unfortunately camtasia keeps crashing on me, multiple times per day, and thus far I have not been able to figure out why. It works fine on my laptop, but keeps crashing on my desktop. Naturally, my laptop isn't exactly powerful enough to render 12 hour long videos in a timely fashion, but my desktop is, as long as camtasia isn't crashing. Any ideas regarding software that could either render videos, or convert videos after rendering, to either 1 frame per second, or ideally, one frame for the duration of the entire 12 hour video? Alternatively, what could be causing camtasia studio to crash so often? How do you troubleshoot something like this? How do I find out which piece or hardware or software on my computer is causing camtasia to crash? Any ideas?

I recreated camtasia crashing and recorded a video screenshot of it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2QTL61Pc2UVVDFmRFNJLXZaN1k/edit?usp=sharing

Summary
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-9590: 35 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock 990FX Extreme9 (CPUSocket): 41 °C
Graphics
E320i-A0 (1366x768@60Hz)
HP 2311 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN (NVIDIA): 43 °C
Storage
238GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD): 37 °C
2794GB Hitachi HUA723030ALA640 (SATA): 38 °C

tags: techsmith, software

Edited by NameOfAUser, 16 June 2014 - 04:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

I make 12 hour long videos on youtube. It's usually the sound of rain or crashing waves. Anyways, sometimes I have video of rain or crashing waves

You mean this.

youtu.be/mQ9OWMsJBTk

I am a huge fan of those When I cant sleep I pop 1 on and few mins latter.

#3 NameOfAUser

NameOfAUser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

I make 12 hour long videos on youtube. It's usually the sound of rain or crashing waves. Anyways, sometimes I have video of rain or crashing waves

You mean this.

youtu.be/mQ9OWMsJBTk

I am a huge fan of those When I cant sleep I pop 1 on and few mins latter.

That's a perfect example of what I'm talking about (although that particular video/channel isn't mine). It's great for calming the mind (sleeping, doing homework, and so on).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users