Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspre one netbook, youtube lag and slowness problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

So I bought an acer aspire one netbook from a friend, the netbook was reformatted and is now running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit which I think is a bit too much for the netbook to run smoothly, I've already posted the fast draining of the battery which has been addressed, the problem now is that the netbook is really slow and it can't play 1080 resolution movies, youtube vids can't play well and I've also noticed that the netbook is hot even though it's sitting on  netwbook stand with an exhaust fan, would it be better to reformat the netbook to windows XP again? any thoughts will be appreciated.

By the way, I tried to set the netbook back to factory settings by pressing Alt + F10 during the boot up with the Acer logo however it does not go to recovery mode, it just makes a long beeping sound and boots normally.

Thank you!

Edited by Alumar, 16 June 2014 - 04:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Netbooks have never been known for blazing speed, so I can't say I'm surprised.  However you didn't post any specs for it, so I can't go into any depth.  I will say that you ought to try Ubuntu or Mint Linux because they perform a lot better than Windows on computers with less resources.  You can put them on a flash drive and boot from them in trial mode without having to install anything.  They will detect your network, connect to the Internet, and they come with Firefox installed and ready to run.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I understand that part but it's slower than usual if you know that I mean, windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, 1GB ram,

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

Windows 7 in only 1 GB is an exercise in masochism.  :axe:  Unless you have 2 GB or more, you really aren't going to get decent performance with Windows 7.  Linux on the other hand would probably run pretty well. :thumbup2: 

Edited by wpgwpg, 16 June 2014 - 05:14 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

yes, thought so, it's like expecting a regular car to run like a bugatti veyron, lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users