Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 login issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chipmagnetcomputers

chipmagnetcomputers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Here is the situation.

One of my close friends came to me with a laptop running WIN 8. it was his brother's who recently passed. My client wants to get into the laptop for the software.

One problem, he,my client does not know the password and the password was never written down. So, the login is under Hotmail account.

I have tried these things so far:

Password reset programs( 3 of them)

Reset password via CMD prompt

Win 8 MS DaRT

We, my client and I tried resetting the password in Hotmail, and we had Microsoft send us links to reset the password and so on, but we ant gain access because my client does not have the cell phone used by his brother, nor the gmail account password.

No luck with any of those.  On all of them I find the User's name, but to reset the password or take it off, it won't let me.

So what else can be done besides a complete wipe??

is there anything that can be done via REGEDIT?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

This kind of question is forbidden by BC policy.

It can be done, but that knowledge cannot be publicly disclosed.

#3 chipmagnetcomputers

chipmagnetcomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

oh... well thank you anyway

#4 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

I like using the Active@ bootdisk (Not Free) to reset and activate the builtin administrator account - then you can login and create a different local account, get internet access and reset the microsoft account, or create a new microsoft account.

After activating the administrator account be sure to deactivate it inside another account - as that account is very powerful and UAC and other permissions do not work properly when you are inside it.

Good luck and welcome to windows 8 user accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users