- A *.doc file I used to us often was corrupted maybe? It closed and when I reopened it was a bunch of nonsense written. Later on that day,
- A browser shut down and three things popped up:
- an opening webpage
- a text file and
- a shortcut, all under the same name.
- Now every now and then a dialogue box keeps opening up but not those 3 things. And it says less but still the “.”
- and I notice there are several folders with a copy of:
- the file that was ruined
- a text file - DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.TXT kinda long but I can send the page or if you like
- a link that goes to something tslking sbout type in one of thse things with the letters amd numbers and claims its gonna decrypt something, https://kpai7ycr7jxqkilp.tor2www.com/7okf
- another kind of link that has the globe icon; like a www kinda symbol as if I saved a whole site or a different format than the other C:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.HTML
The folders are in so many files everywhere.- documents, pictures, startup, everywhere that I’ve looked.
Right after my document was ruined I downloaded the TrendMicro program but it didn’t find it so I deleted itand proceeded to search the net. And found this on the trendmicro site http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/us/malware/TROJ_CRYPTWALL.A looks like the same thing
and also found you all’s site which came up because a person user name pinwheel had an audio problem and he/she was told to run a program and post a log received and the name of that “decrypt” named file in the log.
This leads me to say that I cant remember when but my compute gave this loud microphone feedback (?) sound, all of a sudden and I couldn’t get it to stop so I snatched the battery so that I could restart it and the the sound stopped and never came back. But I don’t recall hearing ads in the background. I had been watching a lot of those cnn and AOL videos that start out with commercials in case that has something to do with it.
That’s all I can remember, right now.
Edited by kpouter, 16 June 2014 - 05:45 PM.