Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GilliGen

GilliGen

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Hi there, im new on this forum and i hope someone can help me...
Two days ago i have re installed my Windows 7, so yesterday i installed Skyrim on Steam, after the game downloaded i putted my computer to sleep mode, after i came back and started the game before the Bethesda Games Studios logo i have get BSOD, my computer restarted OFC and i entered again steam and Skyrim and it works normal, for now i can see it happens only with Skyrim and only when i exit the sleep mode, because when my comp. restarts after the crash it works noramly, so i took a SS of the error with BSOD viewer here is the pic...
Now tried turning it off and on again, same problem, but only with Skyrim other games don't crash...

http://www.bug.hr/_cache/44de8499a71d640a8323d87dbfe894bf.jpg?rand=438755742

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

Zip up and upload all the files in c:\Windows\Minidump.

Note: We do not normally use acronyms except for very common acronyms like "BSOD". Can you please tell me what "OFC" means?

Edited by Kirbyofdeath, 16 June 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#3 GilliGen

GilliGen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

sry, i wanted to say ofc(of course :P)

k, i hope this is it here you go

http://www.4shared.com/zip/kXRIM2_Gce/New_Compressed__zipped__Folder.html 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

sry, i wanted to say ofc(of course :P)

k, i hope this is it here you go

The following is from the Bleeping Computer Forum Rules.

When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 GilliGen

GilliGen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Thank you for the info, i will keep it in mind next time i write something ;)

#6 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

"Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+872f6 )"

This was caused by corrupted or outdated drivers, please update your AMD Display Drivers.

Spoiler

Edited by Kirbyofdeath, 16 June 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#7 GilliGen

GilliGen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

I already have the latest catalyst control center 14.6 Beta drivers, should i delete them and install 14.4?

#8 GilliGen

GilliGen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

UPDATE:After trying almost everything, i have find the fix, the AMD Catalyst Control Center 14.6 is broken, after unistalling it and installing 14.4 the game is computer is working properly when entering the game...

Thank you Kirbyotdeath for looking into the problems, wouldn't done it without you, you said i should update but since i had the newest drivers i remembered i used the 14.6 few days ago before new Windows ;)

Admin lock the topic pls ;)

#9 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

I already have the latest catalyst control center 14.6 Beta drivers, should i delete them and install 14.4?

Hi GilliGen,

From next time onwards, please upload your dump files to forum directly or use services like dropbox or onedrive and not the hosting sites please :(

Just read your reply added to the thread. I am glad that you found the solution. But, I have found in many cases that Display Driver is generally not at fault but rather the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Hence, choosing to install only the option of Display Driver during the Setup and not installing the AMD Catalyst Control Center should also solve your problem. If you wish, you could try that just for curiosity.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#10 GilliGen

GilliGen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thank you for the advice, gona try it out ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users