Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Galaxy S5 and Bluetooth LG HBS-730 issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hello,

Verizon Galaxy S5 here. Not impressed. 

So I have an issue, many really. With the S5 and the LG bluetooth headset. I know that it isn't a configuration issue or bad hardware. 

Basically the play pause and next back buttons do little to nothing in pandora and regular android music app. Also when the phone provides a notification, like that I got an SMS, it will play the music from the bluetooth over the loudspeaker as it also plays the notification sound. Lastly the audio on the headset itself cuts out for maybe a second, it'll do this 10 times in 30 minutes. Very noticeable. happens when the phone is close to the headset. 

here is the thing;

My friends have the same setup and the same problem

I've had the S2, S3 and S5. S5 is the only one with the issue.

I have tried brand new LG headset, no change. 

Again, I'm not impressed with the S5. It is more laggy than the S2 or S3 and has many weird issues like the one described above.

Hoping to hear if anyone else has this issue. If they have fixed it. And or keeping tabs on this issue until and update or fix is released. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

Also, another thing about the Galaxy S5. I use mobile Iorn.

S5 has a fingerprint reader. but lock screen unlock will only let me use a passcode to unlock. It says this is locked down by device administrator, encryption policy or credential storage.

I have made sure that the only device administrator is mobile iorn, Even when I take mobile iorn off as device administrator I still can't use finger print. So it is most likely either encryption policy or credential storage. But  I don't know how to best troubleshoot that.

I know that before mobile iorn I could use my fingerprint. 

Note: same mobile iorn but iphone 5s fingerprint will work. I can say that you don't have to encrypt your iphone to be on mobile iorn but you do have to encrypt the android. I think this is because they think apples are more secure. Whatever. 

So I can't unencrypt my device and keep mobile iorn, I'm good friends with the mobile iorn admin guy. I don't want to ask him to disable the requirement of encryption (because that will not happen) but maybe there are other people who have come up with solutions. Something like enabling bio metrics might work, but would that also enable face unlock?

#3 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

So shortly after this post I went over to the Iphone and have had NONE OF THESE ISSUES. While I have had friends with the newer Galaxy phones complain to me about very similar issues. 

NO MORE SAMSUNG FOR THIS GUY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users