Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel 7260 wifi adapter with Bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hello,

I am running a Lenovo X1 Carbon. Model 20A8001WUS

Windows 7 64 bit

CPU I5-4300

Intel 7260 wifi adapter with Bluetooth

The wifi driver version is 17.0.2.5

Bluetooth radio shows up as Intel wireless bluetooth 4.0 adapter Driver 17.0.1404.422

Anyway,

Lenovo seems to have really screwed up. Or Intel rather, with this 7260 wifi adapter. The speeds are abysmal and the drops are consistent enough for a non computer person to notice. 

My issue however is regarding the bluetooth. Because in my experience bluetooth has issues like this that can usually be resolved.

ISSUE: Using a lenovo bluetooth laser mouse Model: MOBTC9LA

The device seems to work okay some of the time. Other times the mouse lags behind my hand and is slow. It is like, if I move my mouse a very small amount on the table, the mouse on the screen will not move at all at first, and then from no where the mouse will move much further than I would anticipate. So when its acting up, I might as well go back to the track pad. Thing is... it'll mess up for 30 seconds maybe and then go back to normal for five minutes. The interval is quite frustrating.

I am not gaming on the device. Although I suspect that the 7260 wifi adapter is the issue, I have seen similar bluetooth mice behavior on seperate systems. Sometimes a bluetooth stack upgrade or firmware on the mouse was required. But definitely not the first time I've seen a bluetooth mouse behave like this.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

I also have issues with this particular wifi card. The problem I have encountered was constant connection drop outs, inability to connect to ios hotspots. This was all related to wifi not blue tooth but this solution may work for that as well since with wifi it is a power saving issue which could affect the blue tooth portion of the wifi card as well.

From your start menu in the search programs and files bar, type in device manager and then hit enter.

In the new window (device manager window), locate the network adapters and click the little arrow to drop down the menu. In that menu locate the intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (it may be slightly different for you depending on driver version etc) right click on this device and then left click on properties. This will bring up a new box, click on the advanced tab. There now should be a box which says property:

In that box locate the U-APSD support, left click on this to highlight it blue, then in the right side of the window where it says Value: click the down arrow and select disabled. By default this value is enabled. I have found that after disabling this I have not had the same drop out issues with wifi. I believe this is likely the same problem with bluetooth but I have not tested it myself yet.

To connect the wifi to IOS hot spots I also uninstalled the intel wifi pro set software and the intel widi software from programs and features. You should not have to do this.

Edited by zingo156, 16 June 2014 - 10:40 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

BC Advisor,

Okay, I will give it a try and report back.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT! I am super upset about the dropping issue, and am happy to get input regarding that as well.

Super helpful, I wish I could give you a thumbs up or a vote or something.

Here take this homer emote

(_8(|)  

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Nice emote! I am glad to help. The intel 7260 has many people upset. Many makes and model computers use this wifi adapter. I have about 8 Dell Latitude 3340's with the AC7260, none of them connect to IOS hotspots correctly without the modification I have posted above.

This was actually something kevin_intel posted in a thread here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/51343 the thanks goes to him or who ever officially found this to be part of the problem related to dropped connections. So far it has worked on all of the L3340's I have. They are now connecting to IOS hotspot and no longer dropping connection.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

I am still using the AC7260 wifi card today. I am using the configuration listed by kevin_intel

It is def better.

Some issues remain - but it is hard to tell if it is related to the card or not. Most if it is around docking / undocking and walking around so that you are hitting different APs over a large distance but on the same network. It doesn't seem to like that. But it could be our AP setup. I find that disabling and re-enabling the wifi is a good enough work around for me for now. 

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

I have updated all of the devices with that chipset to the newest drivers a few times, the newer drivers seemed to have corrected the issue. You could try to update the driver now. I can't believe how time flies, it has already been > than three years.

#7 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

I have updated all of the devices with that chipset to the newest drivers a few times, the newer drivers seemed to have corrected the issue. You could try to update the driver now. I can't believe how time flies, it has already been > than three years.

Just downloaded and installed driver 18.33.7.2

THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE HAD YET!!!!

Basically the wifi card will just disable itself - but it will still show as enabled both in network adapters and windows new wireless screen. (why do they have two spots to disable wireless where it will say enabled in one spot but disabled in the other)????

So I think ok I'll just toggle it back to disabled and then enabled. YEAH RIGHT!

Basically I sit there for about ten minutes waiting for it to finish disabling and it never does so I reboot and get about five minutes with wifi before the process repeats. COMPLETE GARBAGE!

I'm going back to the old driver that at least worked sometimes

#8 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Strange, did you get the driver from the laptop manufacturer? I should have specified, I got mine from Dell which may be a slightly older version than the intel website version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users