Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh What Have I Done Now

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OhWhatHaveIDoneNow

OhWhatHaveIDoneNow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

My topic title is also my user name and confirms that as far as computers (and women) are concerned, I don't know nearly as much as I think I know.  I'm 68 and I have been around computers since 1982 or so when my employer began servicing IBM 8088 clones and Apple II computers for our customers who bought our training software.  My path to this site was via Gizmo's Freeware, another wonderful place to go for reliable information on computer issues  I don't think I will be making many posts here.  Instead I want to sponge up information to fill the many gaps in my computing knowledge base, to help me keep my business and family computers healthy and productive.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Welcome, Mike.  I hear you loud and clear about computers and women!  :whistle: My theory is that computers are female.  Funny thing though, I can never find a woman to agree about that.  :bananas:

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Hi Mike :welcome:  to BC.

To find out the gender of your computer follow the instructions below:
1. Open your notepad

2. Type or copy paste: CreateObject(“SAPI.SpVoice”).Speak”I love you” (if you copy+paste the code, replace quotes by actual quotes on your keyboard)

3. Save as computer_sex.vbs

4. Run the file.
If you hear a male voice, you have a boy if woman’s, it’s a girl.

#4 OhWhatHaveIDoneNow

OhWhatHaveIDoneNow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Turns out my computer is a female.  I have three daughters.  My youngest daughter has a girl rabbit and a girl cat.  So its just my boy dog and me defending the male's honour in our family.  And both the dawg and I have been 'fixed'...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users