Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dxgmm1.sys

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Elysium

Elysium

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hello friends,

I had such error on my PC. I have windows 8.1 x86. i had left my PC on also my Chrome browser was opened. when i came back saw such error:

,,Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll just collecting some error info and we'll restart for you.

System_Thread_Exception_Not Handled"

After i restart and everything is ok. what was that why it happend?

thanks in advanced

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

It is a pretty common bug and can be caused by a variety of things from drivers to disk space to hardware... allsorts.

If the problem persists come back and we'll help you resolve it.

It could just be a once off also, don't stress.

TsVk!

ps: here's the official Microsoft explanation

#3 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi Eslysium,

In order to analyze your problem and find it's solution, we would be needing the Dump files generated by your system at the time of crash. Could you please zip up the Dump files located at "C:\Windows\Minidumps\" and attach them with your next post?

By the way just for sake of information,

the bugcheck means :- This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#4 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

Hi Eslysium,

In order to analyze your problem and find it's solution, we would be needing the Dump files generated by your system at the time of crash. Could you please zip up the Dump files located at "C:\Windows\Minidumps\" and attach them with your next post?

the bugcheck means :- This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

That folder which told me is empty nothing inside. thanks.

#5 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

Hi Eslysium,

That folder which told me is empty nothing inside. thanks.

Nothing in the MiniDump folder? o.O

Are you using some cleaning software like CCleaner? If yes, then please uninstall it as such software delete the Dump files which are required for analysis. In the mean time, make sure that generation of Dump files is enabled in Windows :-

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Follow the procedure to create a MiniDump. Post back the Dump files when you encounter a BSOD.

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

There was no blue screen.. clean shut down, No minidump.

Don't stress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users