Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drive mapping problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 neotech37

neotech37

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

hi all,

i have a client pc with windows xp sp3 installed. i try to do mapping drive to our server with windows server 2012 downgrade to 2008 version but failed. herewith i attached a print screen an error regarding this issue. i can ping the server through command prompt. and we had a modem connected to a fortigate which control the internet. help me ..

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

The message indicates an access issue.  Are you actually putting the share there or just the IP address?

#3 neotech37

neotech37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

Hi thanks for your reply..

actually we have a folder that we share under that ip address(windows server 2008),

we are in a retail business and we have to mapped every single of our POS machine hard drive through our server.

we also using kaspersky antivirus in our system. could the antivirus have something to do with it? :(

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

Does this work on any machine?

Are ports 445 and 139 open on the server?

#5 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Mapping drives only gives the direct location and access to the drive. It doesn't make all the folders within it automatically shared with whoever has access to that drive. Make sure that all the folders are also shared. Right-click on that folder and look for options to share it.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users