Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Black out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dead-end

dead-end

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

I recently downloaded Windows 8.1.  My computer purchased in 2012 came with Windows 7 preinstalled and I "upgraded" to Windows 8 via disc. After I downloaded 8.1 my desktop blacked out and I could only get on the net from the start button.  Progams seem to work when they want to and the entire system is interminably slow.  I'm confident the system is virus free.  Have others experienced these types of problems after downloading 8.1 or am I just lucky?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

This could be a driver problem.  Check Device Manager for any entries marked ! or ? to the left.  This indicates the need for a compatible driver.  I've installed Windows 8 on 6 computers, but always put it on a clean partition because I've read that the upgrades can be hit or miss sometimes.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 dead-end

dead-end
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Thanks.  I checked the device manager and see no problems indicated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users