Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

back up programs for system wipe and full restore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stewtang

stewtang

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Is it possible to back up programs that have product keys so they can be fully restored after you wipe windows?  If so, what is the best program or procedure in doing so?  My work computer has driver issues and I have done everything possible in deleting and restoring audio drivers but haven't had any success.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

The best thing would be to restore to factory settings, then reinstall all your applications.  Save your data first of course.  There is a program called Zinstall that transfers apps from one computer to another, but I don't recommend it because (1) it costs $140 and (2) if you have malware on your current computer, it will be transferred to the other one.   :nono:

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 stewtang

stewtang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users