Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player Burner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mak32753

mak32753

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

I got the following message: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged. If the burner is already in use, wait until the current task finishes or quit other programs that might be using the burner.

Disc is clean and undamange, the burner is not in use, no other tasks running. It worked a week ago. Where do i go to check to see about the burner.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hello and :welcome:

Try this. Open My Comuter. Right click your burner and select Properties. Under the Recording tab, make sure there is a checkmark next to "Enable CD recording on this drive"

#3 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,881 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

mak32753, Welcome to BC Forums! :)

First, we need to determine the status of the optical drive. Go to Control Panel, then System, Hardware & Device Manager. You'll see a list of all Hardware, do your see your optical drive installed & if so, are there any yellow question marks beside the entry? 

If it's there & no warning flag, you can right click it & choose Troubleshooting. 

Have you tried simply playing any media & if so, was playback OK? 

We're starting with the basics first, which usually proves to be the best, many times these things are something simple, a few times it's not. There was one time for me that System Restore restored my optical drive to working condition. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users