Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

speed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mast3r786

mast3r786

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

okay guys ...any of yourll know a way to pick up file transfer speeds (im using teracopy pro at the moment ) from 40megs its gone to about under 10megs ..
note i didn't install anything new on the machine ,i only keep things i really need..specs are win8.1 i3 ..6gig ram ..2,4gigs processor speed ...guys know any tricks or hacks?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

I use an external 7200 RPM 2 TB Seagate drive in a Sabrent enclosure connected to a USB 3 port.  I can back up 115 GB to it in about 14 min. using Easeus Todo Backup Free.  If you're copying to and from the same hard drive, you're going to do a lot of seeking that will slow things way down.  You also want to be sure there's nothing else running like maybe a virus scan or Windows updates when you do your file transfer.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

To add to wpgwpg's post. I would have your hard drive indexed. This will make the searching much faster. Obviously you don't want to start indexing during your major working hours on the machine. Start it up at night before bed. Should be done or close to done by the time you get home from work/school the next day depending on the drive size to index. Obviously don't have anything else running to speed this up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users