I purchased an LG SP60NB50 external CD/DVD drive today to use with my Windows 8.1 ultrabook. Unfortunately, when I insert the drive's USB 2.0 into the ultrabook's USB 2.0 port, I receive the following error message: "one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."
The device is listed as Windows 8 compatible. I can't imagine it would be compatible with Win8 and not Win8.1.
So far, I've tried
- uninstall/reinstall via Device Manager
- rebooting with the device already connected after an uninstall
- creating the DisableSelectiveSuspend = 1 DWORD value in the registry
- deleting all USB devices listed in Device Manager via Safe Mode
- And I did all of these steps while keeping the USB PowerShare (where you can charge devices via USB even when the laptop is off) disabled in the BIOS.
Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The device is not actually malfunctioning; it works perfectly on a Windows 7 laptop, also with a USB 2.0 port.
Edited by R0D3R1CK, 15 June 2014 - 12:07 AM.