Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fault with Windows 7 Program Compatibility Wizard

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Re your Bookmarks :

How many can you recreate by hand, Right click > Send to (I use I.E. so it is Send to or Add to Favorites).

Start doing it this way and you will remember 90% of them first.

Others will (I hope) add very useful guides, or leave Google links.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#77 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

T's all right nok, found a way to do it ...all by my little old self...and got them all installed.

Thing is, people I've read on the Yahoo search all seem to have good answers...EXCEPT..when you didn't use the 'export' initially, then none of their info is appropriate.  What I did was just copy the folders to a USB then tried to copy back to .... uhm, oops, there's nowhere to copy them to, Firefox doesn't have a 'paste' in their bookmarks.  Tried 'import' from file...didn't work.  Played around for a few minutes and got them installed under bookmarks.   [don't ask me how!]

Anyway, you guys are the best, say hi to the Wallabys for me.

Yep.

#78 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

Anyway, you guys are the best, say hi to the Wallabys for me.

No problem, but I need to drive a couple of hundred kms, or visit a zoo.

Quite often "Played around for a few minutes", will cure or kill some problems.

I asked Wolfie 7 to also watch and add any help you may need since you seem generally OK now.

#79 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hello again Nok and or Wolverine, just an update from last month.  Got everything up and running and installed and setup and, and, and!  Working great...BUT...now I find another problem.  I cannot get my 'copy' and 'paste' to work properly.  I was on a site, wanted to copy a paragraph and send it somewhere but when I copied it, went to my email and clicked the paste, nothing pasted.  Then I tried 'edit'/'copy' then 'edit'/'paste', still nothing happens.  I also got an email where I asked to change a password and the site sent me a URL to go to to change it but it didn't go when I clicked on it [wasn't clickable], so I copied and pasted the site to my browser and voila!@!!??? what appeared on the browser's URL was a recipe I tried copying and pasting two hours ago, you know, 2 cups milk, 1/2 butter, etc., etc..  What The!??  I then went to my notepad and found that the recipe was on there.  I deleted the recipe from the notepad, tried copying and pasting the URL site to the notepad to try to copy and paste from there to my browser but all I get is the stinking recipe again.

First, how do I get the bleepin notepad from stealing my 'copy'.

Second, I sent a message to IncrediMail asking why their email program all of a sudden doesn't 'copy' and 'paste', seems to be their problem.  I went to my browser, copied a few lines from it's messages and pasted them to the URL line and it worked.  So I then copied a line from my email subject message and pasted it to the URL line on the browser but all I got there was the original message I had just previously pasted from my browser.  So that to me indicates that the problem is not with Firefox browser but rather with IncrediMail...Agreed?

Yepytzme

#80 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Hello Yeptzme,

Yes sounds like Incredimail?It might be interfering with the clipboard,can you copy/paste normaly

everywhere else?

See if restarting rdpclip.exe helps,to do that:

Right click the taskbar and select Task Manager,click Processes Tab,select rdpclip.exe,
Click End Process,Click Application Tab,Click New Process,Type rdpclip,Click Ok

Has it happened from the get go or just recently,in other words can you restore the system back to before the problem.

If that doesnt work,run the File checker,(open an elevated command prompt (Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator,type sfc /scannow and press Enter).

Did you make that system image?(Tell me you made the image) :-)

W7

Edited by Wolverine 7, 26 July 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#81 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hi again Wolverine, and thanks for the suggestion BUT my Task manager does not list rdpclip.exe or anything resembling that so I cannot end the process.

Nope, did not take a system image yet, actually just downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect but just the 30 day trial version.  I'm thinking of running it on a USB flash drive so I can use that to reinstall if necessary.

Yep.

#82 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

The free version of Macrium will give you a good system image.

Can you restore back to before the problem.

Also try running the file checker.Is copy/paste working ok other than Incredimail?

#83 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Hello W7, the reason I did not yet run the Macrium was because I have this inner fear of running something then finding out that what I ran just screwed up something on my system.  If you can assure me that it is safe I will try it.  The reason I said that is I also downloaded Easus ToDo and THAT really scared me.  When I opened it there was a pop up window at the bottom that said you can run the new beta system, with more features for free for 30 days.  But it said you don't even have to download it again.  When I clicked on it, it said download now???  Wait a minute, first you say you don't have to download it 'again' then it says download now?  So I tried sending them an email with that question but that's when everything went KAFLOOWEEE!  I got a pop up window that said 'there was an error processing..' then another popup right on top of that, then another and another and it went on and on for about 10 to 15 popups, all in the blink of an eye as quickly as you can see.  Well, there you go, THAT'S

#84 Yepytzme

Yepytzme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

...SORRY, clicked enter instead of shift and wound up posting the message before I finished it.  To continue... THAT'S why I have a fear or reluctance to run programs I know nothing about.

Also, yes the copy/paste works pretty well everywhere else like copying URL from withing browser to brower does work but I tried from within IncrediMail to IncrediMail, from IncrediMail to browser...nothing works.  Problem is IncrediMail doesn't seem to understand the issues too well for example, I told them I can't copy/paste, I can't edit/copy, edit/paste, CtrlC/CtrlV, doesn't work either.  So what do they do, they send me a message saying try this..."copy/paste, or edit/copy, edit/paste, or then try CtrlC/CtrlV!!!???  I JUST TOLD THEM THAT for heaven's sake, read the damn message before you reply!  Geez!

Anyway, keep up the communication, need all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Yep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users