Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

? on CCleaner 4.14. Hope this is correct forum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ElctrcRngr

ElctrcRngr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Has anyone had any trouble with the latest version of CCleaner? 4.14? Every time I try to use it to uninstall a program, it gives me "Error 5: Access is denied".  Anyone else run into this? Tried to attach a screenshot, but the forum said I was not allowed to use that image extension here. The screenshot wasn't much help anyway- just said   Error: 5- Access is denied

Edited by ElctrcRngr, 14 June 2014 - 09:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hello ElctrcRngr:

I'll need to take a shot in the dark here.  When you try using the uninstall feature of CCleaner 4.14, Are you logged in as the Administrator or do you right-click "Run as administrator" when launching CCleaner? Does a Limited User Account (LUA) or administrator have ownership of the application you are trying to uninstall?

What happens if you try to use the native Windows Uninstaller?

We might be able to help additionally if you give us a full detailed description of your OS and application you attempting to uninstall.

HTH :)

Edited by 1PW, 14 June 2014 - 10:00 PM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Also try using Revo Uninstaller Free/Portable or MyUninstaller as a test and let us know if either of them work.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 ElctrcRngr

ElctrcRngr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Good afternoon, everyone.  Sorry I took so long to get back on this.  Im using Win7 Pro 64 bit.  I had tried to uninstall several programs with the new version over the last couple of months, and always had the problem I described.  They included NitroReader 3, WolfCoders Security Camera program(the free version), and a couple of others, I can't remember what they were.  The Windows Uninstaller always worked fine, and CCleaner worked well to clean up the leftovers, so I hadn't addressed the problem too vigorously.  I had also tried using CCleaner to uninstall CCleaner, but that didn't work either.  Anyway, today I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and now it works fine, running from a standard user account.  I feel a little sheepish about not having tried this earlier, but what can I say?  Anyway, problem solved. Thanks to 1PW and quietman7 for their time and effort, it is greatly appreciated.  Is there a way to mark this topic as resolved, if so, how do I do that?

Edited by ElctrcRngr, 17 June 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Glad to hear you resolved the issue. Sometimes persistence pays off.

As a general rule BleepingComputer does not close (lock) topics in this forum. An exception to that rule is malware related topics...we close topics when a member has been asked to (and does) start a new topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum and posts the required logs.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users