Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 26black

26black

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hi

. Last few days my laptop will start up ok, but as soon as i click anything, (normally google chrome) - then the problems start. For about 10-20 mins, it wont load chrome or crash or ask me to wait or not etc..... But when it does load - then the laptop is ok for the rest of the day.

Sometimes if i hold the power off button and resume, it works fine.

this error message has also appeared

programe...

file mongoose c drive

line 380

i think its something to do with chrome.

Also this error appeared: failed to prepare chamelon (something like that)

ive ran a full scan of MB free version, as well as superantispyware which only found tracking cookies (400+), and MSE which never does anything.

Asus Ultrabook win7sp164

thx for anyone who read this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Try this.  Click start and type CMD in the search box.  Then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.  That will check for corrupt system files and attempt repair of any it finds.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 26black

26black
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

thanks but nothing, said no integrity problems found.

i might just leave laptop on, it works perfectly once it starts up - but unsure if its a virus or something else..

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 here on my laptop with Chrome and Firefox.  I don't have any file called mongoose, but a Google & Wikipedia search turned up this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Halo_vehicles

Maybe you have this game installed?  I don't know why starting Chrome would produce that message unless maybe you have some add-on (extension) that's doing it.  

I have several thoughts.  Try Firefox, you can download it from mozilla.org.  Check the extensions you have in Chrome by clicking the 3 bars, then Settings -> extensions.  You could uninstall and reinstall Chrome.  Along different lines you could download & install the free version of Malwarebytes, get it up to date and run it.  You could also boot to Safe Mode and do a full system scan with your antivirus.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Mongoose is a Web server so I am not sure why you would have that on your PC. I would start a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum and let the Malware Removal Experts take a look at your logs. You can reference this thread if you wish. Please read the sticky posts first so you can correctly post your logs.

Maybe Malwarebytes does not detect this because it is a legitimate application.

#6 26black

26black
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

i didnt chose to have mongoose, never heard of it. its just the error i got.... (i dont have that game either)

chemelon error is legit - something to do with asus.

doesnt just crash on chrome, if i try to start anything, home screen freezes also. But then compeletly fine. (possibly the HDD "ticks" are a lil different im not sure..)

think its some sort of virus, luckily i dont do any banking or sensitive email on this device......

5 days too long for a response, i go to shop if no one else has any ideas....

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

You need to start a new thread in this forum so the Malware Removal Experts can check your logs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users