Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet "bricked"????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elmongo2

elmongo2

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

I have a Dopo M7088 that will not get past the Dopo logo whenever I try to reboot. I've tried the whole android factory reset thingy and it did no good. I've read about other people with this same problem and said it the OS is corrupted at the root level. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this tablet up and running again????

Oh here's the basic specs of the tablet......

---Android 4.1.1

---1G Memory

---Dual Core 1.6 GHz

Edited by elmongo2, 13 June 2014 - 05:44 PM.

People do dumb things. And I'm not talking about paying too much for car insurance either.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,629 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Did some searching and came across this. May help.

#3 elmongo2

elmongo2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Oh wow I have to go through all that everytime this thing crashes???? Forget it. I'll just chuck in the trash and wont be buying anymore Android tablets again. I sure as hell hope the people that built this piece of junk is NOT in charge of creating the software that will run the ships that will take people to Mars within the next ten years!

People do dumb things. And I'm not talking about paying too much for car insurance either.

#4 miseryy

miseryy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

After fixing this, you should be good to go again! No need to trash it, or stay away from Android. This won't happen again, most likely.

I personally haven't heard about Dopo in the Android tablet market, but I'd suggest staying away from these dirt cheap tablets.

Go for something more known and popular, such as the Nexus 7.

I hope you can fix this, and turn it into a better Android experience .

Edited by miseryy, 23 June 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#5 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

After fixing this, you should be good to go again! No need to trash it, or stay away from Android. This won't happen again, most likely.

I personally haven't heard about Dopo in the Android tablet market, but I'd suggest staying away from these dirt cheap tablets.

Go for something more known and popular, such as the Nexus 7.

I hope you can fix this, and turn it into a better Android experience .

Yes. This.

I bought a $36 Android tablet just to mess around with it. I used it for a couple weeks, but then it became so slow and just not even useable.

BUT don't be turned off of Android because of that! There are many brand-name tablets that are still cheap (~$100 or so). The first-gen Nexus 7 is still a very good tablet for a low price. Also, I've seen the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 new online for $100. This is obviously not the highest-end tablet, but is much more useable than Chinese no-name tablets that still use Android Gingerbread or even Froyo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users