Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video editing & Gaming PC build Help??????

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blatoski1

blatoski1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'm looking to build a pretty powerful pc for gaming and video editing with and i'm trying to stay around $1500 or less but after finding all the hardware i want it comes to about a $2000 rig. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some different options that might work just as well..I'm still changing my mind about the hardware list to haha Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Hardware-

Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" CPU

Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard

Fractal Design Define R4

GeForce GTX 780 video card

WD Green 3TB hard drive

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 RAM

Seasonic G Series 550W power supply

bequiet! Dark Rock 2 CPU cooler

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2014 - 04:43 PM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to Build/Upgrade - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Looks good only one change would be a little more PSU for possible future expansion.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

You want to reduce the bill of materials by $500, but there aren't too many places in your list to do it.

One obvious starter is your RAM. Could you initially get away with 8 Gb ?  The other obvious point for reducing cost is your video card - that is one expensive card you have listed.

Yes, I know, you want the machine for high end gaming and video editing, both of which demand a lot of grunt, but if your $1500 is a hard limit, you are going to have to make some compromises. It's either that or hang on until you can find the other $500 !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

I'm with Chris Cosgrove.  Cut the RAM to 8GB and go with a less than $300 video card like ASUS GTX760.  Use a little bit of the savings to get a beefer PSU.  The RAM and Video can easily be upgraded later when costs have dropped.

#5 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

And start with 1TB hard drive, too. It's also one of the things that is a lot easier to upgrade. Personally, I don't want anything more than 1TB. Very risky especially if it's going to be a data drive. Just add hard drives later. I only have 1TBs and I never ever reach half of it's capacity. I start burning older files on bluray discs when I reach almost half of the capacity. What I am trying to say, I would rather have 3 units of 1TB HDDs than having 1 unit of 3TB. Just an opinion. To each his own.

Edited by badr0b0t, 15 June 2014 - 06:59 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#6 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

badr0b0t

Your set up looks awesome (in your sig). 

OK SO... do i see 5 (five?) monitors? 2 headsets :)? at least 2 keyboards? possible multiple routers (or things with blinkie blue lights)? and the CPU with...well I can't tell what kind of CPU it is or what the lights are but do you have blinkie lights on the edge of the window inside? what's the case? Also, I like the chair and shelves and desk, but I'm a girl lol

Last 2 most important questions:  

do I spy a fridge too?

And -- is it always that neat?? :)

Nice gif btw, like how it animates in your sig...all looks really great. 

#7 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

badr0b0t

Your set up looks awesome (in your sig). 

OK SO... do i see 5 (five?) monitors? 2 headsets :)? at least 2 keyboards? possible multiple routers (or things with blinkie blue lights)? and the CPU with...well I can't tell what kind of CPU it is or what the lights are but do you have blinkie lights on the edge of the window inside? what's the case? Also, I like the chair and shelves and desk, but I'm a girl lol

Last 2 most important questions:  

do I spy a fridge too?

And -- is it always that neat?? :)

Nice gif btw, like how it animates in your sig...all looks really great. 

Thanks for the compliments.

Just 4 monitors (2x24" Sony 3D LED Displays, 1-24" Acer IPS, and 1-19" Philips LCD.)

Only 1 keyboard. Yes 2 headtsets. 1 wired (the white one) and 1 Sony wireless. But my PC is hooked up to 5.1 speakers. I do have 2 routers but only 1 is active. My modem is a modem-router  combo but had it disabled so I can use my personal router (ASUS RT-N65U).

CPU is just an i5. It used to be an HP system. I added a lot of hardware upgrades until I needed a new and bigger case. My case is a Thermaltake MS-II Commander Snow Edition. My case have 5 fans with LED lights. The red light is just an LED strip. Nope no fridge. Just regular drawers with child proof lock (to keep my 3 yr old daughter's fingers safe).

Neat? I just keep all the clutters out of sight all the time. :)

Living room HTPC:

IMAG2704+%25282%2529.jpg

PC Room:

DSC_8202998.jpg

IMAG2711.jpg

******Apologies to the OP*********

Edited by badr0b0t, 15 June 2014 - 09:27 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users